Wednesday November 16th, 2016, 5 Top Stories to Start Your Day
1. President Elect Donald Trump spoke on the rumors that his transition team was in chaos with a Tweet in which he stated, “Very organized process taking place as I decide on Cabinet and many other positions. I am the only one who knows who the finalists are!” Continuing Trump tweeted and took another shot at the New York Times, “he failing @nytimes story is so totally wrong on transition. It is going so smoothly. Also, I have spoken to many foreign leaders.”
2. Paul Ryan, the 46-year-old Wisconsin Republican Senator, unanimously chosen for another term as House speaker by his Republican colleagues on Tuesday. Ryan spoke after the closed door session stating that “”Welcome to the dawn of a new unified Republican government.” Continuing Ryan said, “It feels really good to say that, actually. This will be a government focused on turning President-elect Trump’s victory into real progress for the American people. Our team is very excited, and we cannot wait to get to work.” Ryan called on his fellow Republicans to rally around their new President Elect, Donald Trump.
3. Tuesday, authorities temporarily shut down Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers World Airport after an ambush attack of an airline employee, Michael Winchester, 52, who is the father of Kansas City Chiefs player James Winchester and himself a former University of Oklahoma Sooners player, was shot to death by an unidentified shooter. The gunman was later found dead.
4. In world news, CNN is reporting that, “At least 21 people, including four children, were killed in a Syrian regime blitz over war-ravaged eastern Aleppo on Wednesday that pounded hospitals, a blood bank and targets near schools.” The bombs stuck the Children’s Hospital, Al-Bayan Hospital and the Central Blood Bank, staff on site with the Syrian American Medical Association (SAMS)stated.
5. In a strange twist of the United States’ policies, the President of Syria, Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday signaled a willingness to work with President-elect Donald Trump. Al-Assad stated that “if (Donald Trump is going to fight the terrorists, of course we are going to be … [a] natural ally in that regard with the Russian, with the Iranian, with many other countries.”
Share with your friendsFollow Us