Wednesday, November 30th, 2016, 5 Top Stories to Start Your Day
1. The Trump Administration has already kept one of the promise President Elect Donald Trump made while campaigning. Trump had negotiated a deal which will keep Carrier the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration corporation here in Indiana, instead of moving jobs to Mexico. Trump has secured the jobs of 1000 Americans but it is not known at this moment what incentives the government is giving to the company to keep 1000 jobs in the U.S. Vice President Elect Pence, the Governor of Indiana, has worked on keeping the company in his home state and no doubtingly worked with President Elect Trump to keep these good paying jobs here in the US.
2. According to the Washington Post, President Elect Donald Trump, will nominate former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary. Mnuching is an industry insider who does not have any government experience but as insider with Wall Street will work to create Trump’s new tax plan which he helped to create since working with the campaign in May.
3. Overnight, tornedos touched down in Alabama killing at least 3 and injuring another 3 after a day care center was “completely destroyed” in Ider in DeKalb County. Initially described, by the Sheriff’s department as a “24-hour day care” but they later confirmed that it was not open when the storm hit. At least 25 homes and 6 poultry operations were destroyed across DeKalb County according to DeKalb County Emergency Management director Anthony Clifton.
4. OPEC was close to clinching a deal to limit oil output, according to Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih as meeting were being held in Vienna, Austria. The OPEC ministers are working to hash out a deal that would create a deal to cut oil production and prop up global prices. The cut in production would be limited to 6 months but will be monitored and that the hope is that cutting production rate will raise the price of a barrel of crude to more than $55. Crude this week has been traded at less than $45 a barrel.
5. Multiple sources reported Tuesday that President Elect Donald Trump will announce that he has nominated Elaine Chao to lead the Department of Transportation. Chao had served as George W. Bush’s Labor Secretary and as deputy secretary of transportation under George H.W. Bush. She is the wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).
Share with your friendsFollow Us