Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 5 Top Stories to Start Your Day
1. Tuesday, an explosion occurred in a fireworks market north of Mexico City. The explosion killed 27 while there are more than 70 people were injured. The injured included three children who suffered burns over 70% of their bodies The explosion occurred around 2:30 p.m., when the market was filled with shoppers looking for fireworks for the holiday season. What started as one large explosion continued with multiple blasts as more fireworks were exploded.
2. ISIS has claimed the attack on the Berlin, Germany Christmas market and that the assailant was just one of their “soldiers” who carried out the attack “in response to calls to target nationals of the coalition countries”. ISIS offered no proof, and did not identify the attacker. Police released the only detained suspect they had and are continuing the search for the operator of the truck that was used to plow into people has they made their way to shop for the Christmas holiday.
3. The search warrant that was issued to the FBI to investigate Anthony Weiner’s computer while investigating Weiner for messaging an underage girl in a sexual manner was made public Tuesday/The FBI said that they needed the warrant because Weiner’s computer may have had the potential to cause “grave damage to national security.” After getting court consent to look into the newly discovered emails on October 30th, with agents spending several days analyzing them before Comey announced that they contained no new evidence of any wrongdoing by Clinton.
4. On Tuesday, President Obama designated the bulk of U.S.-owned waters in the Arctic Ocean and certain areas in the Atlantic Ocean as indefinitely off limits to future oil and gas leasing. By doing so, President Obama has ensured his legacy as an environmental advocate. The White House said it’s confident the president’s order will withstand legal challenge.
5. Tom Arnold, comedian and actor, announced Tuesday, he has unreleased outtakes from the show, The Apprentice, that show Donald Trump using “offensive, racist” language, including the N-word, the C-word and the word “retard.” Arnold said on Dori Monson’s KIRO Radio show that “It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retard, just being so mean to his own children.” The story has been picked up nationally yet, Arnold has not offered up any proof of the tapes and said he could not release them due to a “$5 million confidentiality agreement.”
Share with your friendsFollow Us