Monday February 6th, 2017 5 Top Stories to Start Your Day
1. Sunday night, in what is being described as the best Super Bowl game ever played, the New England Patriots came back from a 28 point deficient to win in overtime 34 -28. This Super Bowl was also the first ever to go into overtime. Quarterback Tom Brady and Patriots coach Bill Belichick proved that they are indeed the newest and largest power couple in sports history. Tom Brady, becomes the first and only quarterback to win 5 Super Bowl rings. The game also made its mark with a halftime show by Lady Gaga which also proved to one of the best in half time shows which haven’t always gone well or been lacking creativity. Gaga performed atop of the stadium and used high flying style to really get the crowd into her performance. It was an unbelievable Super Bowl.
2. In an interview with Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly, Sunday, President Donald Trump, equated the actions of the United States with actions the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, when O’Reilly called Putin a “murderer.” When O’Reilly asked Trump if he respects Putin, Trump’s reply stunned many. “Well, I respect a lot of people but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with him,” continuing Trump stated that it is best for the United States to get along with Russia. That is when O’Reilly interrupted telling Trump, ““But he’s a killer though, Putin’s a killer. This is the response that is getting a great deal of attention. “There are a lot of killers,” Trump responded. “We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think — our country’s so innocent?”
3. In yet another moment that has left many scratching their heads, Trump once again stated that the executive order that he signed banning the travel to the United States by 7 nations which are Muslim led nations, went smoothly. The weekend ending the month of January, was marred by confusion and travelers being sent back to their country of origin as the executive order went into effect late Friday evening. The ban has led to protests across the country and the world. Trump stated that “I think it was very smooth. We had 109 people out of hundreds of thousands of travelers and all we did was vet those people very, very carefully.” On Sunday, a federal appeals court upheld an earlier decision that this executive order cannot be enforced and issued a stay for those attempting to overturn the executive order.
4. Sunday, President Donald Trump has committed to attend a meeting of NATO leaders in Europe in May, according to the organization. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg spoke to Trump by phone where they agreed to discuss with their NATO allies meeting their defense spending commitments. The White House confirmed that Trump would attend the summit.
5. In business news and technology news, Microsoft announced that a new computer operating system would be released called, “Windows 10 Cloud.” The new version will be compatible with inexpensive computers such as Chrome Book. The new Windows version rolled out Sunday with upgrades being made available online for those who want to new version a test spin. In other news regarding Microsoft, statistics now show that 1 in 4 computers are now running Windows 10 operating system.
Share with your friendsFollow Us