Trump Denies Claims Bannon is ‘Calling the Shots’

February 6, 2017 President Donald Trump is denying allegations that he was not fully aware of the details of an executive order giving his Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor, Steve Bannon a seat on the revamped National Security Council.

In his first week in office, President Donald Trump signed a series of controversial executive orders, including one on January 29, in front of news cameras that named his Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor, Steve Bannon to the restructured National Security Council. According to a New York Times report, anonymous government officials said President Trump wasn’t “fully briefed” on the details of an executive order that demoted the director of National Intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

In response to the News York Times report and other media claims alleging Steve Bannon may be calling the shots, President Trump took to Twitter early Monday morning to deny he was not fully aware of what exactly he was signing:

“I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!”

CNN reported that Steve Bannon personally overruled a decision by U.S. Department of Homeland Security lawyers stating that lawful permanent residents were not included in the January 28, “Muslim ban” and could continue to travel to the United States. On Friday, U.S. District Judge James Robert granted a nationwide temporary restraining order on the immigration ban. President Trump again took to Twitter to slam the “so-called” federal judge’s ruling, which he said essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, saying the ridiculous decision will be overturned.

In the days before Donald Trump’s inauguration on January 20, national security experts warmed that Trump’s transition team appeared unprepared. The Obama administration met with Trump’s team two weeks after the 2016 presidential election but due to a lack of security clearances, members of Trump’s transition team could not read the classified documents. The National Security Council then created unclassified versions of the papers, but on the eve of the inauguration — no one knew if the documents had been reviewed.

SEE ALSO: Steve Bannon to Serve on National Security Council

Trump Orders Overhaul of National Security Council

Trump’s National Security Team Not Ready


Share with your friends
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusreddit

Follow Us
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusyoutube

Enter your email address to get updated when we have new posts on the site and never miss a thing:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *