1. The Nunes memo, who the FBI and Justice Department have opposed, will be released Friday by President Trump. The President tweeted his big reason why he will release the memo Friday morning, “The top Leadership and Investigators of the FBI and the Justice Department have politicized the sacred investigative process in favor of Democrats and against Republicans – something which would have been unthinkable just a short time ago, Rank & File are great people!”
2. While the release of the memo is being debated, the reason behind the investigation, that Russia interfered with the 2016 Presidential election, the intelligence community is warning that Russian is already trying to interfere with the mid-term elections this fall. In a transcript released to the public, dealing with the Democrats concerns over the release of the memo, one item that may have been missed in that debate, is that Russia “hacked into 36 States’ boards of election successfully.” The release of the memo makes no mention of this criminal activity.
3. It is Groundhog’s Day. The annual event brings thousands of people to the sleepy town in Pennsylvania where they wait in the cold for Punxsutawney Phil to reveal whether there will be 6 more weeks to our winter cold or a release into spring. Friday, Phil revealed that for 2018, we are staring at 6 more weeks of winter.
4. Thursday, although reported, many people were unaware that there was another school shooting. This shooting marks the 14 this year alone. Thursday a middle school student, open fired at Sal Castro Middle School outside of Los Angeles, with four students being injured in the shooting. A 12-year-old girl is in custody for the shooting.
5. Early Friday morning, Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, announced that he is now in support of releasing an addition to the memo created by House Intelligence Committee’s Chairman Representative Devin Nunes, (R-CA) which has been crafted by minority Democrats in the committee. This new memo is believed to contain the supporting documents which authorized the FISA warrant which allowed the surveillance of the Trump for President campaign foreign policy advisor Carter Page.
Share with your friendsFollow Us