Having health insurance extremely important. When an individual is affected by an illnesses and needs be hospitalized for extended periods of time, a quality health insurance policy will ensure that all the costs are taken care of. However, there are certain medical procedures & conditions that do not require hospitalization but can still take a person’s financial wellbeing.
Fortunately, the best health insurance plans will offer protection against such expenses as well. This is possible through the OPD (Outpatient Department) cover which provides coverage for outpatient expenses incurred by the policyholder. Here are some of the most common expenses that fall under the OPD cover of your health insurance policy.
1) Medical Consultation: There are several occasions when an individual might have to consult a doctor regarding their medical condition. These consultation charges can be quite steep. Also, there are times when regular medical consultation is required, thereby increasing the cost associated. Fortunately, most health insurance plans offer OPD cover that will help the policyholder in such a situation and compensate for the expenses incurred.
2) Cost of medicines: Medicine have become a major component of healthcare expenses, especially if you are suffering from ailments that require constant medication. The cost of the medicines for such diseases can take a financial toll on you! This is another instance where the OPD cover can be very useful as it helps cope with such constant costs of medication.
3) Medical tests: Medical tests are required to shed more light on a person’s medical condition. Tests like MRI, CT scan are well-known to be expensive tests. Also, there are times when the person’s medical condition is complex and requires repeated tests to point out the intricate details of the ailment. This can also be a considerable expense. The OPD cover can help the buyer to bear with the cost of such expensive medical tests.
4) Dental care expenses: A lot of people in the present age suffer from dental problems and need to bear with the expenses of procedures like tooth extraction, root canal and others. Some people also suffer through these dental ailments for a long time, which makes the cost of such treatment a constant burden. The OPD cover also includes this expense and hence provides protection to the buyer.
5) The cost of visual & hearing aids: Policyholder with sight and hearing issues usually purchase aids. Suffice to say that these hearing/visual aids are cheap! In fact, the cost of these instruments can be a burden, especially for senior citizens living on pension and past savings. The OPD cover takes care of this expense as well.
As you can see, OPD expenses are plenty! Therefore, if you’re looking to buy new health insurance policy, it makes sense to opt for that cover these costs as well. It will ensure more comprehensive protection from medical expenses and ensure you are not affected by the rising cost of healthcare in India. We hope this has been helpful, good luck and all the best!