The spectrum TV network is a subset of Charter Communications. It came into being in 2014 after Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications took over bright House Network. Spectrum does not only offer TV services. It also provides Internet and home phones to its customers. Currently, spectrum has over 28 million customers in the nation of the US.
In the TV section, spectrum offers three different cable TV packages to its customers. The first cable TV package starts at $44.99 per month and offers over 125 channels. However, why should one opt for spectrum TV services?
Spectrum TV network:
Spectrum TV service is currently available in over one-third of the US region. The spectrum TV network uses coaxial cables for delivery of the TV service as opposed to the fiber optic cable network or satellite network. Currently, spectrum has three different packages to offer to its customers. These are spectrum TV select, spectrum TV gold, and spectrum TV silver.
Why should one opt for spectrum TV packages?
- If you opt for the gold package, you will be able to avail all the premium networks, top networks, international channels, and sports packages.
- Spectrum also offers the spectrum TV app. If you avail Spectrum TV app, you can gain access to a ton of the on-demand shows as well as a complete channel line-up. These features can be accessed at your home and when you are on the move.
- Spectrum also can provide additional packages based on the Spanish language. You can call up spectrum español and discuss it with the customer service executives to avail the Spanish language channels.
Why should you not opt for spectrum TV network?
- The DVR provision of spectrum TV networks leaves much to be desired. You can expect to face conflicts in the recording with spectrum DVR, which is technically supposed to allow two recordings to occur simultaneously.
- Spectrum TV does not have 4K programming or live streaming options.
- Many customers have complained that once the promotional duration is over, the prices start to add up. The inflation in price is not only observed in the case of the TV package; it is also seen in cases of each TV box that you will need and the broadcast fee.
Let’s have a look at the details of each of the spectrum TV plans.
Spectrum TV select
- The introductory price is $44.99 per month.
- You will be availing of over 125 channels.
- There are no premium channels included in this package.
Spectrum TV silver
- The introductory price is $74.99 per month.
- You will be availing of over 175 channels.
- Two premium channels are included in this package. These are Showtime and HBO Max.
Spectrum TV gold
- The introductory price is $94.99 per month.
- You will be availing of over 200 channels.
- The premium channels included in this package are Showtime, Starz Encore, HBO Max, and Starz.
Spectrum TV offers three different TV packages to its customers. These are:
- Spectrum select
- Spectrum silver
- Spectrum gold
The select package of the spectrum network contains the primary channel line-up. The spectrum silver package is a mid-level TV package. However, unlike the other mid-level TV package providers, spectrum silver package offers some premium channels to the customers like Showtime and HBO at no additional cost. The largest TV tier package of the spectrum is the spectrum gold package. This one is well stacked with premium networks, has a great channel line-up, and offers regional sports channels that are out of the market as well. The three packages on an individual basis are pretty good. However, how will you figure out which package is the one that suits your needs and requirements?
Which is the spectrum package for you?
The select package is best for viewers who are very casual and enjoy entertainment, sports, local networks, and different lifestyle options.
The silver package is the perfect one for people who are moderate viewers. This offers a little bit of entertainment, sports, local networks along with a few premium channels.
This is perfect for avid viewers who prefer to have a small bit of everything like sports, local, lifestyle, entertainment, as well as the premium networks.
Is spectrum TV a good option for you?
For most people, spectrum TV is a viable option. If you are already availing of the subscription to the spectrum Internet service, then you should opt for spectrum TV. The bundles of spectrum start at $89.98 per month. Thus, the spectrum bundle is actually towards the cheaper side compared to other TV and Internet networks. Spectrum also offers maximum regional sports channels. In many regions, this might be the only way that you will get to watch the local NHL, NBA, and MLB team games.