The Indian and Pakistani series are typically full of drama, excitement, and edge-gripping moments. This time is no different as the last few matches have been dramatic, but not in the way that people may have thought.
While cricket has been entertaining, the controversies and political tension have taken the shine off things. The matches between the countries led to major changes in t20 bowler ranking.
India and Pakistan have been in the thick of the action and a neck-and-neck race to the title. The article will review this rivalry and the Indian and Pakistani performances in the T20 World Cup.
T20 World Cup
The ICC T20 World Cup is a Twenty20 International cricket tournament held every four years by the International Cricket Council (ICC). The tournament is the world championship of Twenty20 cricket and the top-ranked international side in the format, determined by the ICC T20I Championship rankings.
The tournament consists of 16 teams, with ten teams playing in the first round and the top 8 moving on to the Super 8 stage. From there, the top 4 teams advance to the semi-finals, with the two winners playing in the final. The tournament format has seen some changes over the years, the most recent being the addition of a second group stage in 2020.
The tournament is the only ICC-recognized global Twenty20 championship and is highly popular among cricket fans, with the final match typically commanding high viewership. The tournament also serves as a platform for developing Twenty20 cricket, with many of the world’s top players showcasing their skills in the tournament.
India and Pakistan T20 rivalry
India and Pakistan have had a long-standing rivalry in T20 cricket. Since the first T20 international between the two nations in 2007, the two sides have met in 32 T20 internationals, with India winning 20 of them and Pakistan winning 10.
The rivalry between the two sides began in the 2007 ICC World T20 when India beat Pakistan in the group stages before winning the tournament. This set the tone for the rivalry, which has continued to this day.
The two sides’ most memorable rivalry came in 2007 T20 final, when India’s Joginder Sharma bowled the last over to Pakistan’s Misbah-ul-Haq, needing just six runs to win. In the end, Misbah was caught out, leading to India winning the match and tournament.
The rivalry between the two sides continued in the 2009 T20 World Cup when Pakistan beat India in the semi-finals before winning the tournament. Since then, the two sides have met in multiple bilateral series, with India usually coming out on top.
The two sides have also met in the Asia Cup multiple times, with India beating Pakistan in the 2016 edition. Overall, the rivalry between India and Pakistan in T20 cricket is long and intense, with both sides looking to come out on top in every match.
The rivalry has seen some classic matches and will continue to be among the most exciting rivalries in international cricket.
Why is the India Vs. Pakistan rivalry so fascinating?
The India vs. Pakistan rivalry in T20 cricket is among the most exciting and intense. It is a rivalry that transcends cricket and has captivated cricket fans across the globe.
The India vs. Pakistan rivalry is fascinating because it is a battle between two of the world’s most powerful and populous nations.
The cricketing rivalry between the two nations is seen as a proxy for their political and cultural differences. The rivalry has been around since the 1950s and has only intensified.
The presence of passionate and vocal crowds at the matches also intensifies the rivalry. The stadium atmosphere has been described as electric, an experience many cricket fans worldwide have been lucky enough to witness.
The fascinating aspect of the rivalry is that it transcends the sport itself. It is a rivalry between two countries with a history of political and cultural differences, making it so captivating.
The India vs. Pakistan rivalry in T20 cricket has been a source of great entertainment for cricket fans worldwide. It is a rivalry that has captivated fans and will continue for many years.
Top 5 moments of India and Pakistan rivalry
Given below are the top 5 moments of India and Pakistan rivalry:
- The 2007 ICC World T20 Final:India and Pakistan faced off in the final of the inaugural World T20 in South Africa in 2007. Pakistan batted first and scored 157/5 in 20 overs, but India chased it down in 18.2 overs, thanks to a brilliant knock of 75 from MS Dhoni. India won the game by five wickets, becoming the first team to lift the T20 World Cup trophy.
- The 2012 Asia Cup Final:This was a nail-biting final. India batted first and scored a modest 190/5 in their 20 overs. Pakistan was in control of the game until the last over, when they needed 13 to win. However, Irfan Pathan stepped up and bowled a brilliant last over to restrict Pakistan to a four-run loss, giving India their third Asia Cup title.
- The 2014 T20 World Cup Semi-Final:Pakistan and India met in the semi-final of the 2014 World T20 in Bangladesh. India batted first and scored a total of 130/7 in their 20 overs. Pakistan was in a comfortable position to chase down the target until the last over, when Mohit Sharma bowled a tight last over to restrict Pakistan to a one-run loss, leading India to the final.
- The 2016 Asia Cup Finalwas another thriller between the two teams. India batted first and scored a total of 118/8 in their 20 overs. Pakistan needed 19 runs to win in the last over, and they were in control until the last ball. However, Hardik Pandya bowled a brilliant last ball to seal the game for India, winning the Asia Cup for the fourth time.
- The 2018 Asia Cup Finalwas the last time the two teams faced each other in a major tournament. India batted first and scored a total of 174/8 in their 20 overs. Pakistan needed 17 runs to win in the last over, but Bhuvneshwar Kumar bowled a brilliant last over to restrict Pakistan to a three-run loss, winning the Asia Cup for India for the fifth time.
Sometimes it is just the right moment to look back at some of the best moments in cricket. Be it the instant impact of a newcomer or the consistency of a master craftsman, and cricket has seen it all.
We decided to look back at the top 5 Pakistan vs. India matches in T20 Cricket.
Frequently asked question
- What has been the result of recent India-Pakistan T20 matches?
The last T20 series between India and Pakistan was held in India in December 2019. India won the series 2-1.
- What are the biggest matches between India and Pakistan in T20 cricket?
The biggest T20 match between India and Pakistan was the 2007 ICC World T20 final, which India won by five runs. Other notable matches include the 2012 Asia Cup final, which Pakistan won by two runs, and the 2014 ICC World T20 final, which India won by six wickets.
Know all about cricket news and updates at CBTF news.
Get the fastest cricket news update at https://cbtfspeednews.com/.
Know all about cricket betting and updates at CBTF betting.
Get the updated expert betting tips at https://cricketbettingtipsfree.com/
Checkout our videos to get the latest updates about cricket and betting tips, and casino
tips to win big with expert opinions at https://www.cbtfmytube.com/.