Some people wonder how humanity ever survived before the turn of the 20th century, before the advent of modern medicine, yet we did, and over many thousands of years, we amassed natural healing knowledge that was handed down from generation to generation. While there is no doubt that modern medicine has a place in today’s world, more and more people are turning to holistic and natural treatments, such as naturopathy.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a natural way of treating physical conditions, and while it has enjoyed relative success in Australia and other parts of the world, the medical profession regards this branch of holistic medicine as one that offers no hard evidence of success. This debate continues, but nevertheless, people report beneficial results when visiting a naturopath and therefore continue with the treatment, and with positive reviews and word of mouth, more people are becoming aware of this non-invasive and natural method of treating physical ailments. If you would to consult with a naturopath, visit https://www.naturopathicwellness.com.au/, a leading Melbourne wellness clinic that specialises in alternative medicine.
Medicine & Side Effects
Some forms of modern medicine use powerful drugs that often have very bad side effects, which does tend to put people off, and they are more likely to explore other, non-invasive methods like naturopathy.
Here are a few of the medical conditions that naturopathy can treat:
- Respiratory – Asthma, bronchitis and laryngitis.
- Digestive – Stomach cancer, ulcers, Chron’s disease, constipation and gastritis.
- Nervous System – The naturopath can treat stroke victims, as well as those who suffer with Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and epilepsy.
- Musculoskeletal Issues – Rheumatism, gout and sciatica are all treatable using naturopathy, and the specialist must first collect a mountain of data regarding the patient. As the practitioner adopts a holistic approach, it is therefore essential to gain a clear understanding on the person’s medical history, their diet and their lifestyle. This helps the naturopath to find the root cause of any medical issues.
- Lymphatic System – Glandular fever, HIV and CFS are all conditions that can benefit from regular sessions with a naturopath.
Here are a few of the common symptoms that can be treated in a holistic way:
- A general feeling of being tired and run down.
- An issue that cannot be identified by medical testing.
- Extreme mood imbalances.
- Skin allergies that do not respond to treatment.
- Lack of energy that cannot be explained.
Traditional & Holistic Medicine
Due to the non-invasive properties of holistic medicine, many Australians are now looking for a more natural solution to health issues, which can be found by visiting a naturopathic clinic, where experts can study your medical history and hopefully offer solutions that have so far not been available to you. Using non-invasive and natural remedies, it is possible to cure medical conditions that modern medicine is unable to affect, and if you would like to discuss any health issues with a naturopath, a Google search will help you to locate a nearby clinic.