In today’s world, running a business is quite challenging. However, this challenging task becomes simple, with the help of a website. The presence of a web page ensures a greater reach of the brand to the maximum numbers of people. The more viewers the brand’s webpage will get, the more beneficial it will be for a business.
Websites are difficult to run and maintain. They require a daily upgrade to present readers with new and exciting content. It increases the website traffic and ups its rank in SEO. Thus, generating more views, and the website shows up early in the search engine recommendations. As a result, maintaining a website’s relevance is essential at every step. Thus, it is always advisable to keep track of competitor websites.
What is website comparison?
It is easy to compare two websites for similarities. Analyzing competitor websites can quickly give way for ideas for one’s web marketing. It also keeps on in the loop of what is essential and keeps one informed on the latest trends. It essentially helps the website attract a lot of traffic and maintains it throughout, without letting it go down.
No matter what kind of website one is starting, it is always better to do some research. Hence the best time for website comparison is when you’re starting a new website, considering redesigning it, looking for a blog topic or something to write. This kind of market research pays off, and one can build a better website in this way.
However, it is always prudent to keep a check a couple of times a year as a regular task. This way, the website can be kept relevant and functional all the time.
How can one compare websites?
It is always better to start with the basics. What are those basics? Well, they have been explained below.
- Know the competitors
- Have new ideas
- Bring something unique to the table but keep the tone similar-build a brand.
- Get a list of similar keywords to generate more traffic.
What are the steps to compare two websites?
The steps to effectively start a comparison are:
- Compile a list of 10 or so websites comparable to one’s own based on similar sized business and target audience. One can do that with free website comparison tools.
- Enter the URL of the target website along with one’s own (or if the competitor is unknown, select “Similar Sites”). The free version is limited to 10 results.
- One can also do this by simply typing in some of the top keywords into Google and seeing which websites appear in the results. It is fundamental but free of cost and in an advantageous way.
- Figure out which websites are the most successful. Type the URLs into the given space. The comparison tool generates an overview of their monthly traffic and other important information. Get a picture of the SEO tools the site uses. It gives a systematic breakdown of their traffic is usually done by the online tool. It provides an account of traffic generation from social media, email, search engines, etc.
- It is an excellent way to judge potential competitors and generate a webpage that will be popular.
What to keep in mind while building a website?
Website comparison tools perform text comparison, text documents, page comparison, and file comparisons scan content similar to the interest website. It gives a broad, comprehensive view of the subject that helps in better website building.
But it is always better to use a plagiarism checker to check whether similar content is available on a website or not. Plagiarism can significantly bring down the site’s SEO. However, building a good website always comes down to the basics.
- Strong, unique, original content
- Using links and social media to promote
- Using proper SEO tools
Why compare websites?
Comparison of websites is nothing to be ashamed of or scared of a competitors’ website is a tool to compare your site with and make it better suited for the purpose.